I *heart* Bombay (and well..Boston)

I'm urban..in the way other people are mountain-people or tunafish junkies. I love city life...something about dreary concrete blocks and grumpy people totally gets my juices flowing. Ergo, this will be a blog about me, my two favourite cities (Bombay and Boston), my addiction to Vietnamese coffee and my views on Gregorian chant and it's efficacy in curing some types of tympannic membrane rupture. Enjoy!

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

75 Questions?

Woohoo! I've been tagged! My first tag! After months of waiting for someone to tag me for one of those 55-word stories, I finally made it! Someone would actually like to hear my points. What a pity it's one of the answer *x* questions. Still, I've been tagged!

(Naughty thought: I just replaced the word tagged with something else. HeeHee! I'm so easily amused..and bored)

75 Questions

1. Gum: Sadness? Often. The Chewing Kind? Dentyne Ice.
2. Restaurant: In Boston: St. Petersburg Cafe; In Bombay: Gallops.
3. Drink: Umm..Sour Apple Martini!
4. Season: Fall in New England; Monsoon in Bombay.
5. Type of weather: Cold
6. Emotion: Nostalgic and Contemplative
7. Thing to do on a half day: Read, walk through Bandra
8. Late-night activity: Watching Seinfeld, Friends and Full House
9. Sport: Watching: Tennis, Cricket, Gymnastics (Wow, the bodies!!)
10. State: Maharashtra, Massachusetts (Well, more the former than the latter)
11. Store: Aldo (Shoes), Fascination: Bandra (T Shirts), Strand (Books)

When was the last time you.....
12. cried: October 10th, 2005 (Read:Here)
13. played a sport: Umm...2003? Was in the work softball league.
14. laughed: This morning. Heard Russell Peters do his Indian shopping at Chinese mall bit.
15. hugged someone: This morning. Dad's 60th birthday. Happy birthday Annu!
16. kissed someone: As a friend? S. 2 nights ago; More? Well, last weekend. (wink)
17. felt depressed: Around Dussera. Festivals depress me when I am alone.
18. felt overworked: 2 days ago. But I quickly got into the groove.
19. faked sick: School? I have no idea. I almost never do this.
20. lied: Yesterday. My feet are hurting, can we stop at this club for a rest?

What was the last....
21. word you said: D'oh! (I dropped tea on my keyboard)
22. thing you ate: Leftover Paneer Makhani with Green Peas Pulao.
23. song you listened to: Don't Speak (No Doubt)
24. thing you drank: Tea
25. place you went to: Temple (Yikes!)
26. movie you saw: Bridget Jones - Edge of Reason (last night on TV)
27. movie you rented: Swimming Pool - Francois Ozon

Who was the last person you...
28. had a sleepover with: Sigh. Is this an adult sleepover? In which case, A.
29. called: R. - One of my work clients. She sounds cute on the phone.
30. went to a movie with: Saw some sidey military themed movie with J. - my asshole date.
31. saw: Mummyji.
32. were angry with: M. (I'm more angry at me than M. though; anger is just the emotion I have to use on him because I can't use any other)

Have you ever...
33. danced in the rain: Yes (latest: June 2005, Marine Drive Bombay)
34. kissed someone: Yes (SomeONE? Is there a word like SomeMANY?)
35. done drugs: Yes (Is weed a drug? In which case, pass the fries please)
36. drank alcohol: Yes (LOL! The fact that my blog is named for my fav. drink?)
37. partied 'til the sun came up: Yes (And then passed out for 2 days...the perils of being 28!)
38. had a movie marathon: Yes (Woohoo! I love Movie Marathons)
39. gone too far on a dare: Yes (Truth or Dare when you're drunk? Not a good idea)
40. spun until you were immensely dizzy: No! That sounds horrible!
41. taken a survey quite like this before: Yes. Sadly yes.

My life...
42. name: Vikster (I'll also take TheHotVikster)
43. gender: Male
44. birthday: February 2nd.
45. relationship status: Single
46. nationality: Indian
47. occupation: Token love interest/Wise cracking best friend/"That" guy

Love...
48. love is: comfortable.
49. love or lust: Lusting after the one you love.
50. best love song: Pehla Nasha - Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar
51. is it possible to be in love w/ more than one person at the same time: No. Not "in love".
52. when love hurts, i...: obsess and wail and whine about why life is so unfair.
53. is there such thing as love @ first sight?: Yes. I didn't believe it till I met M.

Opposite sex (or same sex)...
54. turn ons: Humour, Cosmopolitan'ness, Ability to discuss books, cinema and politics.
55. turn offs: "I don't read". Bisexuals. Shirts tucked into pants.
56. do your parent's opinion on your gf/bf matter to you?: LOL! Asking an Indian *gay* man?
57. what kinda hairstyle are you into?: I like soft hair..the kind I can run my fingers through while I kiss you.
58. what is the sweetest thing a girl/guy can do for you?: *Really* want to be with me.
59. Are you the type of person to HOLLA and ask for numbers?: Yes. If I'm drunk enough.

Picky picky...
60. dog or cat: dog (a chocolate lab to be precise)
61. short or long hair: As long as it's not bonded/straightened/highlighted, I'll take it!
62. sunshine or rain: rain
63. hugs or kisses: A hug that magically turns into a kiss.
64. summer or winter: winter
65. written letters or e-mails: Letters!! Am I the only one who writes them anymore?
66. car or motorcycle: car (I miss my Mini Cooper!)
67. house party or club: House party. Or better still Dinner party.
68. sing or dance: Karaoke at Not Just Jazz on Sunday nights (yep. I'm there)
69. freak or slow dance: I like the slow freaking...I call it my "Candyshop" dance.

Lately...
70. How are you today: I think I feel a headache coming on.
71. what pants are you wearing right now?: Black jeans
72. what shirt are you wearing right now? Green Tshirt that reads "Got Lucky".
73. what does your hair look like at the moment: Gelled, sprayed and coiffed to perfection.
74. how is the weather right now? Bombay in October! Miserably hot and humid.
75. What did you have for Lunch/Dinner: I *will* be having fish curry and rice.

20 Comments:

  • At 1:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Saw BJ2 *Briget Jones 2* last night as well. Not as good as the first- nevertheless funny watching two clueless blokes slapping each other with their wannabe ghetto fighting. I love it!

    Meenu

     
  • At 2:01 AM, Blogger Dumaketu said…

    That was a treat..he he he..how about "when was the last time I got bitch slapped?" and more to round up the century?

     
  • At 4:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i love the way Hugh grant says "Right!"......And uh..fish curry and rice..wonderful..my favourite.
    And i think 75 is a bit too less......so many things left out!!

     
  • At 6:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Or the way Hugh Grant says "I didn't sleep with Bridget, I slept with a nice thai girl- who turned out to be a nice thai boy"

    HAHHAHAA

     
  • At 7:53 AM, Blogger Vijayeta said…

    "I dont read" should be a valid reason to slap the man/woman who says it! Its become extremely annoying, the number of people who dont read and think its so hip n cool to flaunt their ignorance!

     
  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger kate said…

    Letters!! Am I the only one who writes them anymore?

    I miss being written to..:(
    Nothing can ever be as personal as a handwritten letter..I remember throwing a fit when i received my first printed letter from a friend who had emigrated to Muscat.
    It felt so ...distant.

     
  • At 10:20 AM, Blogger Hob Gadling said…

    So wait. Who tagged you? And who you tagging back?

    And regarding,

    "75. What did you have for Lunch/Dinner: I *will* be having fish curry and rice."

    I *will* be personally strangling you when I come to India next week. I haven't had fish curry and rice for like 3 years now!

     
  • At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I weep for Sour Apple Martini...

    Sanjay

     
  • At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I would like to say something about those who "don't read". While I *heart* reading, I don't think its fair to judge those who do not. Some of my MOST FAVORITE people in my life don't love reading as much as I do- but I don't see it as a personal flaw- its just their thang. They might be more into photography, or singing, or dancing.
    I find that fulfilling.

    My $.02
    Meenu

     
  • At 4:26 PM, Blogger Dumaketu said…

    Vijeta: TOTALLY agree!!

     
  • At 4:31 PM, Blogger Dumaketu said…

    V: Letters!! Am I the only one who writes them anymore?

    sigh..I still manage to write long letters, but get e-mails as replies! Drop in your address and u'll get an epistle in 19th century calligraphy!

     
  • At 6:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    why u anal abt reding n riting man sms no gud for u wat?

    VD

     
  • At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is good to read.Get to know you better. I hope daddy had a good bday.

    Priya

     
  • At 11:02 PM, Blogger Vijayeta said…

    Dumaketu: Thanks! So glad u do :)

     
  • At 11:17 PM, Blogger Archster said…

    I wish i knew you wanted to be tagged. The ppl i tagged for the 55 word story politely ignored me! Evil bloggers.

    Pls to be writing 55 word stories? I would love to read. And as always... nice to know *so* much more about ur life. We love to share dont we? :)

     
  • At 11:42 PM, Blogger Vikster said…

    Meenu: We should watch Monsoon Wedding again soon. Why? Well, unj vi.

    Dumaketu: As it is, you people know more about me than I do.

    Kestrel: "Yeah RIght" is officially my sister's trademarked line.

    Anony1: Thai lady boys are scaryily tough to make out. Especially when you're drunk. Though I thought it funny that Hugh Grant had to use that line seeing his past history with transvestite hookers..

    Vij: Let's go around slapping all the people at Seijo some night.

    Kate: I'm writing you a letter. Where in Tulu Nadu do I address it to?

    hob: Parth tagged me. I'm tagging eveyone whos blogs I read. MMM..I also had Koliwada prawns for dinner last night.

    Sanjay: As do I..no one here can make a decent one except the bartender at the Regent in Bandra..

    Meenu: *hugs* I know what/who/why you mean.

    Dumaketu: Did you just say epistle? Woohooo! Looks like someone likes reading the dictionary as well..

    F-cubed: I HATE SMS LINGO!

    Priya: Hahah! Daddy indeed had fun yesterday. Says he doesn't feel 60.

    Archster: My 55 word stories won't be much fun.

     
  • At 11:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    More things about Vikster:

    (a) Can't live without parenthesis. Check the blog title, the blog description, profile, or any blog post...

    (b) Loves comments to his blog posts. Will probably freak out if a blog post goes without anyone commenting on it.

    (c) Is totally an ass guy.

    (d) Always acknowledges people he comes across, whether online or real. Even if they might not be agreeing with him. Can't sleep without that.

    (e) Probably dreams about settling down in an idyllic life somewhere like Rome or Paris or Prague.

    This is the image I have of you. Many more things come to mind but I did not want to turn a comment into a blog post. Some of these are obvious some not. This post seemed like a good opportunity to list them.

    hates-surveys-like-these-Sanjay

     
  • At 11:54 PM, Blogger Vikster said…

    Sanjay:
    1. You are so right (in this case anyway). I also love quotation marks (and direct speech).

    2. I am freaking out about the fact that the post before this only got 2 comments. Am tearing out my hair in frustration.

    3. Indeed. LOL!

    4. True. I believe in acknowledging the other person and then telling him how wrong his views are.

    5. Dude! Do I know you? Those are exactly the 3 cities I'd pick! Though you might/could substitute Barcelona for Prague.

    Sanjay, you had me at Hello (Or in this case at Comment #17)

     
  • At 12:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    *raises hand, guilty of being a rustic 'gaonwalo' *

    I couldnt get the 'Tag' allusion. What does a tag mean? sounds extremely interesting. and whats a 55 word story tag?

    Sayan (morpheus/manuel)

     
  • At 12:38 AM, Blogger morpheus said…

    sorry, i meant 'gaonwala' ^_^


    (me and my hajjar alter egos, argh! Mr. Hyde should kill Dr. Jekyll NOW.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home