I *heart* Bombay (and well..Boston)

I'm urban..in the way other people are mountain-people or tunafish junkies. I love city life...something about dreary concrete blocks and grumpy people totally gets my juices flowing. Ergo, this will be a blog about me, my two favourite cities (Bombay and Boston), my addiction to Vietnamese coffee and my views on Gregorian chant and it's efficacy in curing some types of tympannic membrane rupture. Enjoy!

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

A weekend trip..

I was pretty tired of spending every Saturday at home for the past few weeks...I mean Takeshi's Castle and Mr. Bean re-runs can only get you so far! And I was kinda missing my weekend trips to Rajmachi, Duke's Nose and Sinhagad when I lived in Bombay. So I Googled up weekend getaways from Bangalore and discovered Yercaud, a hill station just outside Salem in Tamil Nadu..about a 5 hour drive out of Bangalore.

Here's a few pictures. Regardez le mist. It was awesome.....damp, spooky and clammy. Very "There-be-dementors-here" weather. Sadly, my "expecto patronum" didn't quite work. The silver Chippendale boy that's my Patronus looked more like a rather portly Santa Claus. Perhaps like Tonks, I too have some issues to sort out.









The cottage where I spent the night. Next time, I'm encouraging someone to come spend it "avec moi".














The view from the cottage. What I would have given to have an arm around me.










Balancing rather precariously on a fence post at 'Ladies Seat' (Not a euphemism for a well-bred woman's behind...more like the Virgin Mary's shrine)

8 Comments:

  • At 1:19 PM, Blogger The Line of Beauty said…

    Lovely place, Yercaud..i have been there once when I was on a official trip to salem..Though, the weather was not that kind- in MaY- when I went..Thankfully, u have started blogging again!!

     
  • At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, this seems to be such a beautiful place, heavenly!! Do more of research on Google for weekend getaways so that we could travel somewhere in December!! ;)

     
  • At 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yercaud ...... yes it is very beautiful ..... as a wanderlust i prefer puduchherry ...the sea , croissants and dolphins ...very relaxing ...ah and the filter coffee how can i forget ...

    i would do an Avada Kedavra ...if i had a Santa patronus ;-)

    cheers

     
  • At 3:21 AM, Blogger H.S. Dharmendra said…

    Yeah, may be like Tonks, even you should colour your mane fiery pink, may be then you can spurt (pun intended) your patronus properly.

    Whack that wand properly, boy.

    Question: Would my arms count? Friends tell me I am very warm.

     
  • At 8:24 AM, Blogger oook said…

    My brothers studied at a boarding school at Yercaud. My family and I have had many many short trips there. It is a lovely place and from what I hear, still one of the unspoiled hill stations in the south.

     
  • At 1:00 AM, Blogger Atul Nayak said…

    At the end of the 3rd semester at VESIT (1995), Vishal dragged us all to Yercaud. The only thing that sold me on the trip was the idea of staying at Bangalore where pub culture was at it's then peak. Weird to stumble upon your blog and read about Yercaud. Back then we didn't even know how the name was spelled! It's a wonder we got there at all. In December the place was freezing cold and the only other people there was this couple on their honeymoon. I might have sworn at the lack of action back then, but now it's all a fond memory.

     
  • At 10:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i can never carry off a yellow tee :)

     
  • At 11:45 PM, Blogger Mayuresh said…

    hmm,
    looks like a lovely place.
    But its great staying in a tent in such place than a resort. :-)
    there are many places around blore worth visiting. for more info, contact me on orkut. u've already been viewing my profile. :-p

    regards,
    Mayur.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home