I *heart* Bombay (and well..Boston)

I'm urban..in the way other people are mountain-people or tunafish junkies. I love city life...something about dreary concrete blocks and grumpy people totally gets my juices flowing. Ergo, this will be a blog about me, my two favourite cities (Bombay and Boston), my addiction to Vietnamese coffee and my views on Gregorian chant and it's efficacy in curing some types of tympannic membrane rupture. Enjoy!

Saturday, August 27, 2005

So what's on your Ipod?

I had a friend ask me what music I have on my Ipod yesterday. So I figured I'd *actually* listen and pay atention to the music I have on there. I'm one of those anal-retentive people who needs to change their music according to their life situation/feelings at any given time. So, I'm trying an experiment to see what I'm listening to, and what words in particular stand out in that particular song (which led me to keep it in my playlist for how I feel right now).

Here we go: (I'm picking 5 songs at random...setting Ipod to "shuffle mode" now)

1. Rain (Madonna)
When you looked into my eyes
And you said goodbye could you see my tears
When I turned the other way
Did you hear me say
I'd wait for all the dark clouds bursting in a perfect sky
You promised me when you said goodbye
That you'd return when the storm was done
And now I'll wait for the light, I'll wait for the sun

2. Turn off the light (Nelly Furtado)
I'm searching for things that I just cannot see
Why don't you don't you don't you come and be with me
I pretend to be cool with me, want to believe
That I can do it on my own without my heart on my sleeve
I'm running, I'm running, catch up with me life
Or is it love that I'm looking to find
It's all in me, can't you see, why can't you, why can't you see it's all in me

3. Yeh Kya Jagah Hai Doston (Asha Bhosale/Umrao Jaan)
Bula raha hain kaun mujhe chilmanon ke us taraf
Chilmanon ke us taraf
Mere liye bhi kya koi, udaas beqaraar hain
Udaas beqaraar hain...

4. I hope you dance (Lee Ann Womack)
Livin’ might mean takin’ chances, but they're worth takin’
And lovin’ might be a mistake but it's worth makin’
Don't let some hell bent heart leave you bitter
When you come close to selling out, reconsider
Give the heavens above more than just a passing glance

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance,
I hope you dance

5. Iris (GooGoo Dolls)
And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything feels like the movies
Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive

Hmm.

Paging Dr. Freud. Or Jung or whatever. (Insert name of shrink here..)
Anyone think I might be a tad miserable missing M.?

Current music (after resetting Ipod back to normal play mode):
I will survive - Gloria Gaynor

Hell Yeah.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    okay- i lost my ipod. again. why can't they make these things big enough so that i don't lose them. Wait a minute, they did make them big enough so that i wouldn't lose them --back when they made them CD walkman's --now there's a technology they didn't need to improve --i mean i miss having that huge disc strapped to my hip bouncing along as i jogged and skipping every two minutes even though it had that shock free thing going for it --were any of them ever really shock free i mean come on?

    what's on my lost IPOD..hum these were my last additions.

    that song about Billy Joe MaCallister jumping off the Tallahache Bridge. Why did Billy jump? someone please tell me.. toni maybe?

    It's a Heart Ache by Bonnie Rait.

    The Harper Vally PTA song by Dolly Parton. Man i loved that movie. I waited for it to come on tv and i taped the song right into my tape-recorder as a kid --i also thought i was Barbra Eden.

    My Baby Takes The Morning Train by Sheena Easton.

    Looking For Love In All the Wrong Places, by I don't know who..

    And this crazy German Samba song I promise to give you more info about featured in a Francois OZON film of a Fassbinder script. Water Falling on Hot Rocks --great movie.

    --Yours truly, ohh that's such a cheesy name in a dear abby kind of way, how about if i just sign these
    posts as E. Bola. No, that joke might not translate in some coutries...how about just ANON.
    I do think that Duncan Hines would be a good Drag King name though....
    You know what i'll just stick with
    that. I also replied to toni under the book blog if you're still reading this.

    Duncan Hines

     
  • At 1:47 AM, Blogger Toni Farley said…

    Hmm. I have your #5. And of course, "I will survive". One song, at random, from my short playlist:

    You got me stealin’ your love away
    ’cause you never give it
    Peeling the years away
    And we can’t relive it
    I make you laugh
    And you make me cry
    I believe it’s time for me to fly
    -REO Speedwagon


    Retro flashback, but I do believe I need to fly now :)

     
  • At 11:18 PM, Blogger Bhumi said…

    I love I HOPE YOU DANCE song!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home