I *heart* Bombay (and well..Boston)

I'm urban..in the way other people are mountain-people or tunafish junkies. I love city life...something about dreary concrete blocks and grumpy people totally gets my juices flowing. Ergo, this will be a blog about me, my two favourite cities (Bombay and Boston), my addiction to Vietnamese coffee and my views on Gregorian chant and it's efficacy in curing some types of tympannic membrane rupture. Enjoy!

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

February 2nd.

In between answering the many phone calls (Thanks all who called!) and fielding questions from assorted people ("How does it feel to be 29?", "Are you looking forward to 30?", "Shouldn't you get married soon?", "What are you getting for your birthday?") and politely answering ("Good", "No", "No", "Dinner with Meenu"), I've spent 30 minutes on my guilty pleasure this morning. No. It's not what you're thinking..and that takes me about 10 minutes only anyway.

It's reading and editing Wikipedia. Anything that sorta sounds like my name deserves my full attention. And anything that combines my fondness for history, writing and trivia will grab me forever. Does this mean I should be looking for a quizzing historian who writes? Nah. What I need is a "hot" quizzing historian who writes. And is rich. Can't forget the rich part. It would help if he's around my age as well. (*short break as I draft a personals ad to go on www.datehothistorians.com*)

Anyway, as countless Hindi movie actors have said after they wake up in a strange bed with a tomato ketchup laced bandage around their head (Or Nirupa Roy...in EVERY movie!).."Main kahan hoon?"

Oh yeah. Wikipedia.

It tells me that I share my birthday (the "exact" date to the year!) with....

Shakira!!

This might explain my fascination for the lines "Lucky that my lips not only mumble/They spill kisses like a fountain//Lucky that my breasts are small and humble/So you don't confuse them with mountains".
And my fondness for yelling "Le do lo le lo le..le do lo le lo le" at inappropriate times (The good folks at Sahakari Bhandar don't like it when you say that after spying a 2 for 1 special on Axe Deo).
Don't even get me started on "Underneath your clothes"...

I also share my birthday with Ayn Rand (Hate her!), Dana International (How appropriate that an Israeli transsexual Eurovision-loving singer shares this day with me), Christie Brinkley (She's the Uptown Girl...I guess that makes me a Downtown boy?) and Farah Fawcett (I knew it! We both have the same hair/smouldering glance thing going on!).
Wikipedia tells me this is also the day Nell Gwynne, Tallyrand and James Joyce were born!

I'm in great company so far! Hang on...I spy Howard Johnson as well! Oh that's just the low-fat icing on my low-fat, eggless, creamless, sugarless cake! What better person to share your day with than with the founder of the rent-rooms-by-the-hour hotel!

Current Music:
Ao na dance karen - Nazia Hassan

She's still my favourite diva. Whatever happened to Zoheb Hassan? He was hot! Anyone remember the Nazia-Zoheb hour on DD Sunday mornings?


6 Comments:

  • At 4:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    *wishes*prayers*and a warm hug....
    kestrel

     
  • At 6:23 AM, Blogger roswitha said…

    No, I don't think I was born when Nazia-Zoheb was on. :p

    Happy birthday, and that's a LOT of amazing people to be sharing it with. Nell Gwynne yey!

     
  • At 7:40 AM, Blogger Hob Gadling said…

    Hey Vicky!

    Happy Birthday!

    Have a lot of fun!

     
  • At 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Belated Happy Bday !!! Have a great one ! Do le do le do le !!! ;)

     
  • At 4:39 PM, Blogger Ameet said…

    Happy Birthday!

    Like I say to all my friends, 30 is the new 20. So you're only 19! Live it up!

    And yeah - whatever happened to Zoheb Hasasn? He was SO cute.

    Ameet

     
  • At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ao na dance karen, is my theme song. I listen to it over and over again....i love that brother sister team/ the hussain's. didn't Nazia die of a brain tumor?
    duncan

     

Post a Comment

<< Home