I *heart* Bombay (and well..Boston)

I'm urban..in the way other people are mountain-people or tunafish junkies. I love city life...something about dreary concrete blocks and grumpy people totally gets my juices flowing. Ergo, this will be a blog about me, my two favourite cities (Bombay and Boston), my addiction to Vietnamese coffee and my views on Gregorian chant and it's efficacy in curing some types of tympannic membrane rupture. Enjoy!

Monday, February 06, 2006

Birthday weekend extravaganza!

Thursday
(Out of the Blue, Bandra) Waiting for the rest of the party folks to arrive. I'm wearing blue tinsel from Cheap Jack (Thank you Meenu!) to tell the waiters that I'm the one they should be showering their love and affection on...



The party is underway...This is what drinking wine does to me. Suddenly I'm Madonna with the shiny boobies. Of course, I'm still old enough that to me they're the cutting edge in pop culture..

The delicious German PR guy wasn't available so I got the next best thing. Chocolate cake fed to me by the very awesome Meenu.


Friday
(Redlight, Kalaghoda) Sanj clearly hasn't drunk enough beer to be as happy as me. Then again, it's hip hop, it's a club and I partied like it's my birthday...drank Bacardi like it's my birthday..


The ladies think I'm irresistable. Shweta can't keep her hands off me. Too bad the hottie Manchester Punju boys dancing about 5 feet away didn't think the same...


Saturday
(Enroute to Purple Haze, Bandra) You talkin' to me? (The DeNiro impersonation might have worked if I wasn't so damned happy!)

Saturday
(Thai Ban, Bandra) Clearly, having your fiance sit on the other side of the table has Shweta confused about just which man she really likes. Or maybe the shirt was way too bright to look at directly...

12 Comments:

  • At 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wonderful photos!

     
  • At 3:17 PM, Blogger The Solo Traveller said…

    It looks like "Taxi Driver" De Niro meets "Cape Fear" De Niro :)

    ~ Balaji

     
  • At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Man you had a blast, and you look sooo good, and happy, not a day over 24 ---cherubic i would say. How many virgins have you sacrificed to look so good! That mouth, man it opens so wide --reminds of a GRACE JONES video, Pull up to the Bumper Baby, ( that song is so nasty), its the scene when she opens her mouth and all those long black limo's go in....

    Wish I was there,
    DUNCAN

     
  • At 4:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you are a pioneer, going places most people are not ready to go.
    duncan

     
  • At 9:05 PM, Blogger ronn said…

    Great pics, esp. that last set.

     
  • At 12:28 AM, Blogger sudeep said…

    U dont seem to have moved an inch out of Bandra for these party days! No wonder you are grinning all over! Glad u had a good time, u deserve it after that extended period of....shall we call it "i am in a quicksand of melancholy"!

     
  • At 11:55 PM, Blogger Vikster said…

    Anony 1: Cheers!

    BJi: Bwahaha! Seriously though Cape Fear Di Niro still gives me the creeps..those tats! Oy!

    Duncan: Indeed I know the video..I was a Grace Jones junkie! For the record, my virgin count so far is 3.

    Ronn: Cheers..just checked out your blog..liked the Oprah-Frey post..

    Sudeep: You know it! Bandra rocks..and like I told you when I met you, I'm about the biggest Bandra snob around!

    Anydamnguy: Cheers too!

     
  • At 1:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    pretty neat blog, chanced by it from indian blogs or bloggers something like that
    have a nice day
    regards
    g
    --
    http://g-thisisme.blogspirit.com

     
  • At 2:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Whats happening?

     
  • At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love Grace Jones. Without her I would not have survived high school...

     
  • At 4:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey i like nazia/zoheb hassan too...wish she had lived for eva!!
    cheers
    Niraj

     
  • At 1:48 AM, Blogger Wild Reeds said…

    O my God they are tearing down Michael Fereira's bungalow opposite D'Monte Park on the Perry Road side... passed by it on the way to Sykes... they are putting up the metal walls to hide the shameful demolition...
    What goes next I ask. Hanh? Priscilla Villa? Peace Heaven?!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home